Re: Oracle does it again

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:24:11 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 26, 12:21 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> I am trying to practice RAC upgrade. I installed and configured oracle
> 10.2.0.4  single node RAC, downloaded and verified the installation
> requests for 11.2.0 with the reasonable output of cluvfy and proceeded to
> the installation. The software is now asking for "SCAN addresses". I was
> barely able to convince my administrator to allocate me an additional
> address for every RAC node, now I have to go to her and ask for more
> addresses? WTF?
> Oracle 10g RAC was a sheer disaster, plagued by the many bugs (couldn't
> use multipath, vipca was legendary for being buggy) and the installation
> was extremely hard.

We did migrate off RAC but I did not have any big problems with 10g RAC on hpux.

Why are you trying to practice some kind of strange RAC one node upgrade? For any kind of realistic learning experience you might really want to use a "more real" RAC configuration.

You might want to get some kind of testing lab that is isolated from the rest of your environment where you can do what you want with IP addresses etc. Received on Fri Feb 26 2010 - 12:24:11 CST

Original text of this message