Re: Oracle database 10g R2

From: joel garry <>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:46:35 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 25, 8:21 am, Mubashir <> wrote:
>          hi all i have done oracle 10g database cource but i just want
> to know what is the difference regarding performence,management of a
> database in oracle 10g R2 because when i was learning it ,at that time
> oracle database R2 was not released or may be we used to learn on
> oracle database 10g .....
> thank you very much
> sincerely
> Mubashir Ahmad

Performance management is a process or methodology, not a set of mechanized tasks in a GUI tool. Forget most of the course, study the performance guide and go get the book by Cary Millsap. Well, don't forget it, just understand that it is a tool with limitations, and to understand what is going on you need to both understand the underlying principles and be able to access the underlying tables in a more intelligent manner than the GUI. Even the performance guide needs to be studied with a critical eye, it is just a starting point.

Also, how you really do it varies by licensing.

-- is bogus.