Re: Any database diagramming tools out there ?

From: Rob Burton <burton.rob_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 03:44:47 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 22, 9:03 pm, Mick <mjms..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Where are looking for a tool which will show the relationships between
> a table and all its related objects such as triggers, views,
> procedures, etc.
>
> We already have TOAD which shoes these relationships in a tabular form
> but we are after a utility which would have the ability to show these
> relationship in something similar to an E-R diagram so that it could
> be printed off and given to project teams.
>
> We are interested in any recommendations anyone in the Oracle
> community would have.

Power Architect.

It's free, open source, multi-platform(Java) and an excellent diagramming tool. It even has a reasonable go at untangling the tramlines of complicated schemas. I also like the linkable HTML output that it gives in addition to the pdf/png ERD diagram. After years of looking for a reasonable free ERD tool, eventually an excellent one came along instead. Received on Tue Feb 23 2010 - 05:44:47 CST

Original text of this message