Ways to Generate References to Specific Character String in a Schema

From: if_investor_at_yahoo.com <basis_consultant_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:38:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

In a 10g database, I am looking for all ways to list references to a specific data string in any table of a specific schema, assuming that the fields are all VARCHAR2.

For example, suppose that there is a schema named OLYMPICS.

That schema has many tables, and I am looking for all tables that have a data value of 'Vancouver' (Hopefully, case insensitive), in any field. The fields are all VARCHAR2.

So, the script will, hopefully, generate the following data. The most important
info. is the tablename... I can live without the fieldname and value. I would
prefer the case insensitivity, but I can live without that also.

Schema       Table      Field                Data Value

OLYMPICS- HOST     Currenthost      vancouver
OLYMPICS- CITIES    2010host         Vancouver

etc..

Thanks,
QZ Received on Mon Feb 22 2010 - 15:38:02 CST

Original text of this message