Re: Oracle kills free support blog and Twitter account

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:59:39 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:09:29 -0800, Steve Howard wrote:

> MOS for me continues to be awful.

Oracle Support in general is awful. I have a severity 2 SR which hasn't been touched over the weekend. It's a RAC installation. I have never succeeded in 10G RAC install without opening a SR and it I have plenty of grievances about that. Not only is the product extremely hard to install, the support is getting worse. Apparently, Oracle Corp. is reinventing itself. They've drastically cut down on the information they share about their products, they're selling the database and charging separately for the means to tune it, their support is getting worse by the day. Unfortunately, they own the market. We will be assimilated, resistance is futile.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com