Re: Oracle kills free support blog and Twitter account

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:33:50 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 19, 11:08 am, John Hurley <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 9:27 am, mhoys <matthias.h..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> snip
>
> > Oracle kills free support blog and Twitter accounthttp://blogs.zdnet.com/Howlett/?p=1761
>
> Interesting ... thanks.  I thought that guy would have been ditched by
> Oracle even earlier than this.
>
> As pathetic as the MOS rollout was he was implying and suggesting that
> customers had not done their homework in advance of the rollout.
>
> I forget if he used the word lazy or ignorant or something to that
> effect but it was pretty bad.  I think Nuno had some pretty choice
> words about it.

I think the idea of an Ombudsman (someone who represents our interests within Oracle) is a good one, and I think Warticki felt he was fulfilling this role. Whether he just blew it by using poor judgment about humor at a black time or was the tall blade of grass the first to be chopped down by the blame lawnmower we'll probably never know. He was in an impossible situation. I hope he lands on his feet.

Not near as depressing as the Oracle blogger who posted on Valentines day about his wife leaving him.

And this Stack guy who overflowed and flew his plane into the IRS building - from the stuff floating about on the intertubes I think he used to work around the corner from my old workplace (supposedly he worked at Emulex and Western Digital in Irvine, and Hughes Fullerton [last century I worked with folk from there]), and he's my age too. Shudder. Say, are you in Austin?

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/19/tv-show-incenses-black-students-ucsd/