Re: sqlldr not recognizing a file without an extension on Solaris

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 17:37:39 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 18, 2:55 pm, z1hou1 <z1h..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Hi,
> I am running a sqlldr command line on Solaris and the data file that I
> need to load WILL not have an extension. On DOS/Windows, that is not
> an issue since I can simply append a "." to the file name and sqlldr
> recognizes it. On Solaris/Unix, it expects a file with the explicit
> "." at the end of the file name.
>
> So if the data file name is accountInputFile (note no dot or
> extension), sqlldr responds by saying that the file name it expects is
> accountInputFile.dat if I do not specify anything other than
> data=accountInputFile.
>
> If I do specify data=accountInputFile. as in windows/dos for a similar
> situation, sqlldr attempts to find a file called "accountInputFile."
> with the explicit "." at the end of the file.!
>
> In short, on Solaris, there is, for me, no way of making sqlldr load a
> data file with no extension and no "." (dot).
>
> Can someone help me please?

It is always helpful in posts like this to specify what version of oracle you are using and what version of an operating system, etc.

Depending on oracle version there are some potential other ways than sqlldr to get data loaded from an os file.

The easy solution is to rename and/or copy the input file to include a .dat suffix ... Received on Thu Feb 18 2010 - 19:37:39 CST

Original text of this message