Re: ORA-28009

From: syd_p <>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:19:11 -0800 (PST)

On 15 Feb, 23:07, Mladen Gogala <> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 11:33:40 -0800, joel garry wrote:
> > Have you set things up so someone can connect remotely as sys there?
> > Connecting locally merely means the local user has group rights.
> The OP has asked the same question on the DBI group and Jared Still, of
> the "Perl for an Oracle DBA" fame, has given him the same answer I did..
> --

Hi Guys,
I am the OP and actually I have only asked the question on this group. I kind of thought the answer lies in the Oracle world, hence my posting in this group.
I guess I did not phrase the question very well. The problem is that I have a selection of scripts that dont like "sys as sysdba" as a username.
Dont know why and I dont want to mess with the scripts. What I need is a username of one word (not three that makes the scripts barf)
that has the powers to create tablespaces and users in a database that I created with dbca.

Maybe that is possible? If so please help me. Thanks for your input so far!

Syd Received on Mon Feb 15 2010 - 17:19:11 CST

Original text of this message