Re: Unable to disable tracing - XE

From: BD <robert.drea_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:53:20 -0800 (PST)

> It is a little hard to believe that someone would have a trigger in
> effect that they forgot about but ...

Oh, believe it.

A bit embarassing, but there you go.

Basically I had been troubleshooting a problem involving using Replication to replicate a table with a custom datatype. Even if I was not selecting the columns with the custom datatype in the SELECT statement of my MV, it errored out - but *only* over a db link.

In hindsight, the cause of the issue was likely not about the db link, but rather that the schema owner of the source table didn't own the type definition; it was owned by another schema in the source db.

The ID which was receiving the replicated data didn't have grants on the type definition, only on the data in the table.

Anyway. I quite honestly have no recollection of creating that trigger - partly because of the hair-on-fire way I needed to resolve the issue at the time, and partly because it took a long time for the symptoms of leaving the trigger in place (trace file bloating) to become evident. But there it is.

Or rather, there it was. ;)

Thanks, John. I was about to throw in the towel, and just delete the install of XE and start over.

*Clearly*, I need to document things more effectively. Oi... ;) Received on Wed Feb 10 2010 - 18:53:20 CST

Original text of this message