Best way to duplicate 11g table and range partition

From: banzai <banzai_at_aaaa.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 09:57:19 -0000

Hello

I'm looking to do some 11g performance testing on insert rates with tables that are split by range into various partitions.

I don't want to have to keep pre-filling my table/partition every time I start a new test (as the partition volume will increase every time I carry out each test). What would be the best way to either duplicate the table and partition to a new table partition or rollback/flashback (if possible that is - i'm doing inserts and committing during test) such that I can have quick access to my pre-filled table partition after completing the previous test ?

Hope this makes sense - an Oracle expert I am not..

Thks.. Received on Mon Feb 08 2010 - 03:57:19 CST

Original text of this message