database network performance requirements

From: Ryan_Hoffman <>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 20:09:21 -0800 (PST)

I'm doing some research on network performance requirements for database applications. I was wondering if anyone in this group would be willing to share their opinions regarding specific values that should be used as targets (latency/delay, jitter, packet loss). Various vendor documentation provides some guidelines (latency: Oracle SYNC = ≤ 10 ms, SQL Clustering ≤ 100 ms; loss: Oracle On Demand ≤ 0.1%). I was hoping to hear what database administrators look for when purchasing wide area network services.

Thanks! Received on Mon Feb 01 2010 - 22:09:21 CST

Original text of this message