Re: problem in Oracle 10g window 7

From: Mubashir <mubashirahmadcu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:16:43 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 31, 10:30 am, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
> On Jan 31, 9:54 am, Mubashir <mubashirahma..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 31, 3:48 am, "bob123" <bob..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > 10g is not supported on Windows 7
>
> > bob i m using it how can u say its not supported
>
> Because Oracle says it isn't.  Check the MOS certification matrix and
> prove it to yourself.
>
> > but u jus will change
> > the compatibility while installing.........change it to xp sp 3 by
> > right clicking on the install and get to the properties compartibility
> > option vice versa when u install it the sql plus will prob not work u
> > will do similar to to it also properties and change compatibility
>
> And that gets YOUR installation to work for a while.  Since Oracle
> cannot provide a method which always results in a working 10gR2
> installation on Windows 7 it is NOT a supported operating system for
> 10gR2.
>
> > thats what i succeed through
>
> For the time being it works.  When it doesn't Oracle will not provide
> support to get you running again.
>
> You are on your own.

thank u for giving me useful

info........................................what  u suggest for me i
worked on xp while learning oracle dba track.....now i have 64 bit dual core win 7 installed on it
so what is the solution for me i knows that it will be much benifitial for dba to learn it on linux but this time i wanna just practice it on win plateform before moving further so i need ur suggestion thnk u Received on Sun Jan 31 2010 - 12:16:43 CST

Original text of this message