Re: problem in Oracle 10g window 7

From: Mubashir <mubashirahmadcu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:13:48 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 31, 12:59 am, Mubashir <mubashirahma..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 30, 11:15 pm, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Mubashir wrote:
> > > hi all i wanna ask a question. ihave created a database in drive d.but
> > > due to some reason i m transferring it to drive E.. now when i
> > > transfer it ,it donot work even if i vhange the locations in
> > > pfile.....if somebody has the solution ........email on
> > > mubashir_faro..._at_yahoo.com thanx
>
> > Oracle keeps that kind of data stored in a control file.
> > You could recreate your control file, or just move your data
> > files.
>
> > As you level of Oracle knowledge seems close to zero (no pun
> > intended), I suggest:
> > - make a backup: shut down all oracle services from the Windows
> >    services (used to be in the Control panel).
> > - copy all files, related to oracle to a safe location
> > - search the internet for "Oracle move datafiles"
>
> > - As an alternative, do a "backup controlfile to trace" and
> > take it from there. Regard it as a learning experience
> > --
>
> > Regards, Frank van Bortel
>
> > Topposting in Usenet groups I regard as offensive - I will not reply- Hide quoted text -

ohh dear much thanx for that but u cant say that my knowledge is zero it smz zero.......but due to not practicing it i forgot it because of my study i cant give much time to it.....now i m free and practising a bit, veiwing my notes a bit and i remember we had learned the recreation of control file but i think that was for recovey purpose for exmp if it was not multiplexed we will recreate it from trace file info(pre executed command is must) if damaged etc but i learned what u suggested and understand the prob because pfile direct the path of control file most importantly and the wrest is control file work so dear much thanx Received on Sat Jan 30 2010 - 14:13:48 CST

Original text of this message