Re: Bequeath connections

From: joel garry <>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:17:11 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 29, 1:47 am, Shakespeare <> wrote:
> Op 29-1-2010 3:30, vsevolod afanassiev schreef:> Thanks for this information. It seems that there are 4 lines in this
> > view for each session.
> > If session connected through listener then first line has
> > network_service_banner = 'TCP/IP NT Protocal Adapter'
> > If session connected through Bequeath then first line has
> > network_service_banner = 'Oracle Bequeath Network Protocol Adapter'
> > What's about next 3 lines? They start from 'Oracle Advanced
> > Security...' - I thought that
> > Advanced Security is separately licensed option - and we don't even
> > install it!
> Then maybe your DBA forgot to deactivate it. If you don't do so, the
> License Police may require you to pay the license.... even if you NEVER
> used it.
> Shakespeare

Hmmm, I see the four entries per connection, but I don't see anything about Advanced Security in DBA_FEATURE_USAGE_STATISTICS or V_$OPTION (

Maybe this is evidence of one of those things that are there for Oracle internal usage but not generally seen unless you install it? I don't have an Advanced Security to check. Given the high visibility of security issues, I would hope the base product would be secure...

-- is bogus.
The perfectability of spam