Dumb Character Column

From: The Magnet <art_at_unsu.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:50:26 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Ok, whomever wrote this dumbass application should be put on trial.

Anyhow, we have a column in our table which is defined as VARCHAR2, but contains both numbers AND character data.

Problem is that we need to do some < & > in a query on the numeric content. But, because of the character data we get an invalid number. If we quote the numbers it does a character compare, not a numeric compare.

Still looking on the internet for an answer, but anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks! Received on Tue Jan 26 2010 - 16:50:26 CST

Original text of this message