Re: Generate a CRUD matrix

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:40:43 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 14, 12:36 pm, vsevolod afanassiev <vsevolod.afanass..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think it is possible: a stored procedure may select/insert/
> update/delete many tables, something like that
>
> SELECT
> FROM TABLE_A
>
> UPDATE
> TABLE_B
>
> DELETE TABLE_C
>
> Searching USER_SOURCE won't be enough

 What wouldn't be in USER_SOURCE (oh, well, ok, DBA_SOURCE)? Once you get the candidate list, you parse the procedures for their tables. Select is easy, just whatever follows FROM until no more commas, update and delete will always be one or two words after? Did I misread the OP or miss something obvious? I was thinking of getting the various elements separately (these procedures update, containing tables x, y z..., etc), but maybe easier just to get procedure/table/ elements parsing directly, put in table, then do what you want.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/The-Little-Red-Switch.aspx