Re: Generate a CRUD matrix

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:51:41 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 14, 9:23 am, "Terry Dykstra" <tddyks..._at_forestoil.ca> wrote:
> Is it possible to extract a CRUD matrix for a procedure or package in
> Oracle.  I'm using 10.2.0.4 SE.
> Getting a list off tables etc is easy enough to do using ALL_DEPENDENCIES,
> but I would like to know for each table whether the proc is updating,
> inserting etc.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra

The first thing that comes to mind is using a subquery to search user_source for the keywords for each matrix element, to limit the selection of user_source in a script that would otherwise print all procedures.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
I have my Gumby and Pokey!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Clokey