Re: Specify inventory pointer location

From: Sybrand Bakker <>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:22:06 +0100

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:37:35 -0800 (PST), zigzagdna <> wrote:

>I am Oracle 11g 11.1 on HP UNIX 11i. I see Oracle provides invPtrLoc
>in some command such as runIntaller and Opatch.
>-invPtrLoc $ORACLE_BASE/oraInventory/oraInst.loc
>However when I go to run emca to configure db control it does not
>recognize this parameter. I know using symbolic links one can get
>around it, but symbolic link requires Sys Admin help. Is there any
>other work around for it. I was looking for a UNIX environment
>variable, could not find one.

Is there any reason you multipost this on both and this newsgroup?
Wouldn't it be quicker to read documentation and/or the emca cript and toirecognize emca doesn't use the inventory at all? Or do you really like to earn as much as possible by doing as little as possible?

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA