Discrepancy between Top 5 wait events and object statistics

From: vsevolod afanassiev <vsevolod.afanassiev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:37:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Since we started running Statspack at level 7 I noticed that often "Top 5 Wait Events" section does not match object statistics section.

For example:

Top 5 Timed Events

% Total
Event                                               Waits    Time (s)
Ela Time
-------------------------------------------- ------------ -----------
--------
enqueue                                             4,818
13,538 57.12
CPU time
4,849 20.46
db file sequential read                         1,650,718
3,044    12.84
db file scattered read                            364,762
925     3.90
log file sync                                      61,011
587     2.48

So there were 4,818 enqueue waits with total duration of 13,538 seconds.

Looking on object statistics section of the same report:

 Top 5 Row Lock Waits per Segment for DB: PRD1P Instance: PRD1P Snaps: 52102 -5
-> End Segment Row Lock Waits Threshold: 100

                                                     Subobject  Obj.
Owner      Tablespace Object Name                    Name       Type
---------- ---------- ------------------------------ ---------- -----
         Row
        Lock
       Waits  %Total
------------ -------
PRDCMDDL   PR_INDEX_M PR_SVC_ORD_IDX01                          INDEX
         213   11.60
PRDCMDDL   PR_INDEX_L PR_WORK_ORD_IDX01                         INDEX
         152    8.28
PRDCMDDL   PR_INDEX_L PM_ACT_INST_IDX13                         INDEX
          94    5.12
PRDCMDDL   PR_INDEX   PR_ADDR_SUB_PREMISE_ULL_IDX01             INDEX
          63    3.43
PRDCMDDL   PR_INDEX_L TA_AUDIT_IDX02                            INDEX
          63    3.43

If 213 waits is 11.6% of total then total is approx 2,000 waits.

This doesn't match 4,818 waits reported in Top 5.

What do I miss here? Received on Tue Jan 12 2010 - 23:37:32 CST

Original text of this message