Re: Materialized Views

From: Mladen Gogala <no_at_email.here.invalid>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:31:39 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:42:54 -0800, The Magnet wrote:

> I'm getting an error when I try an do a fast refresh on a materialized
> view. The base table is very simple, 3 columns. But, it exists over a
> database link. Like everyone else I am receiving a ORA-12054. I've had
> no luck with tryong everything out with all the example definitions.
> This is one table with a primary key, I do not know what could be more
> simple. I've pasted my definitions below.
>
> BTW: I tried both INCLUDING and EXCLUDING on the log:
>
> CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW LOG ON WIDGET.WIDGETS WITH PRIMARY KEY
> INCLUDING NEW VALUES;
>
> CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW WIDGET.WIDGETS REFRESH FAST ON COMMIT
> AS
> SELECT ROWID,
> "WIDGET_ID",
> "WIDGET_NAME",
> "WIDGET_OPTIONS"
> FROM "WIDGETS"_at_NIVA.COM;

Have you actually read what is the error 12054? Here it is:

oerr ora 12054
12054, 00000, "cannot set the ON COMMIT refresh attribute for the materialized view"
// *Cause: The materialized view did not satisfy conditions for refresh at

//          commit time.
// *Action: Specify only valid options.
//

The problem is, of course, in the "rowid" selection.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com