Re: Quick move tablespace

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 23:31:34 +1100

Hemant K Chitale wrote,on my timestamp of 7/01/2010 6:26 PM:
> You have to take the Tablespace Offline *before* you move the
> datafiles and then use an ALTER DATABASE RENAME FILE 'oldlocation' TO
> 'newlocation' , then bring the Tablespace Online

A possible "sneaky" way of partially circumventing this restriction would be to mark the ts read only for the duration of the copy and only offline it for the period of renaming? At least that way it'd still be readable for the duration of the copy. Received on Fri Jan 08 2010 - 06:31:34 CST

Original text of this message