Extracting 2.5 million rows

From: <Cliff>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 19:46:45 -0500

Hey all,

I was looking for some guidance. I need to do some stat analysis on a production audit table. One problem is that there are no indexes on the audit table and spooling via sqlplus would take years.

Using Export on the server, the disk space required for the dmp file is about 40 G ( per the DBA ). This space is not available on the UNIX box.

Would running EXP locally be a valid option?

I realize that any solution is going to take a while of processing time; it's just that I don't want to get 100-hours in and then find a fatal flaw.

Thoughts?

TIA,
Cliff Received on Wed Jan 06 2010 - 18:46:45 CST

Original text of this message