Re: Oracle 11g r2 one node RAC

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 12:50:28 +1100

Serge Rielau wrote,on my timestamp of 1/01/2010 7:34 AM:

>>> I know it's not funny when a joke has to be explained.. but what the
>>> heck was that all about?
>>
>> Just a cheap shot, Serge. You can find a zillion references on the
>> web to z-whatever systems, and the news at some point picked up on
>> someone running large numbers of linux images just to show it could be
>> done. Then taking a sarcastic leap of marketing-will-always-
>> exaggerate faith.

> I did wonder whether Noons intended to say mainframe instead of DB2. > That was the only way I could resolve the puzzle...

Relax, Serge: Noons didn't write it, he just laughed at the joke. Maybe if IBM bozos spent some time reading instead of jumping into the usual ad-homine insinuations they wouldn't look so ridiculous? HNY:
http://wizofoz2k.deviantart.com/art/Welcome-2010-148684836 Received on Thu Dec 31 2009 - 19:50:28 CST

Original text of this message