Oracle 11g is it possible to set adaptive threshold for repeating AWR base lines

From: zigzagdna <>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 11:41:30 -0800 (PST)

I am on Oracle 11g Release 1 ( Oracle 11g provides adapting threshold for SYSTEM_MOVING_WINDOW AWR Baseline. However, I want to set these threshold for my own AWR Baseline.

I defined a repeating AWR Base Line. It is not clear reading the documentation whether repeating AWR base line works like SYSTEM_MOVING_WINDOW. i.e., metrics of today Monday at 1:00PM will be compared with last week’s metric (last Monday at 1:00PM). If not what is the purpose of repeating AWR baseline.

I went to Baseline Metrics Threshold, I set thresholds on Average Active Session using Significance Levels, it let me specify significance for Critical and Warning, but I do not find Threshold to be Adaptive. If I chose same metric and set same significance values for SYSTEM_MOVING_WINDOW adaptive threshold is set.

So I am confused on the purpose of repeating AWR baseline. Received on Thu Dec 31 2009 - 13:41:30 CST

Original text of this message