Re: Oracle 11g r2 one node RAC

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 23:27:43 +1100

Mark D Powell wrote,on my timestamp of 26/12/2009 2:06 PM:

> "Oracle RAC One Node is a single instance of Oracle RAC running
> on one node in a cluster. Many databases can be consolidated into a
> single cluster with minimal overhead yet providing the high
> availability benefits of failover protection, online rolling patch
> application, as well as rolling upgrades for Operating System and
> Oracle Clusterware. "

I'd love to know how many "databases" can be consolidated into one cluster IF that cluster is running a single node RAC? Isn't that exactly and precisely the same as moving schemas across instances? And how is "high availability" any better in a single node RAC than in a single instance database? And how do "rolling patch application as well as rolling upgrades" work in a single node RAC?
Oh, it needs more than one node, doesn't it? So exactly what is the point of all that "one node RAC" utter marketing nonsense? Received on Sat Dec 26 2009 - 06:27:43 CST

Original text of this message