Re: Deleting from sys.aud$

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:26:53 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 24, 11:29 am, GaryA <garyi..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

snip

> I have found the cause of the discrepancies in the records counts
> after deleting records from sys.aud$, but I'm still at a loss as to
> the rationale behind it.
>
> When I connect "AS SYSDBA", I can delete all the records that meet the
> section criteria.

That's pretty much a basic concept ... not surprised that people did not understand you were not doing it already.

In posts like this it always helps if one supplies complete examples including all the code in a script or testcase so any such assumptions get flushed out as quickly as possible.

> When I do not connect "AS SYSDBA", the delete command deletes all the
> sys.aud$ records meeting the criteria EXCEPT those with action# = 7,
> which are audits records of other previous delete commands.
>
> At least I now know what I have to do to resolve this issue and delete
> the records I need to delete.

Probably looking at the oracle documentation is also a good idea. Received on Thu Dec 24 2009 - 20:26:53 CST

Original text of this message