Re: Deleting from sys.aud$

From: GaryA <>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:29:44 -0800 (PST)

I have found the cause of the discrepancies in the records counts after deleting records from sys.aud$, but I'm still at a loss as to the rationale behind it.

When I connect "AS SYSDBA", I can delete all the records that meet the section criteria.

When I do not connect "AS SYSDBA", the delete command deletes all the sys.aud$ records meeting the criteria EXCEPT those with action# = 7, which are audits records of other previous delete commands.

At least I now know what I have to do to resolve this issue and delete the records I need to delete.

-Gary Received on Thu Dec 24 2009 - 10:29:44 CST

Original text of this message