Re: there is an error in comments

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 23:01:51 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 23, 4:35 am, Daneel Yaitskov <rtfm.rtfm.r..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> ddf wrote:
> > because what's happening is this:
>
> > BEGIN echo('dddddd'); --comment; END;
>
> > Notice  your comment in this context is considered as actual (but
> > invalid) code.  Do this instead:
>
> You must admit that such behavior strong  differentiate from others
> languages for the rule of one-line comment. Solid bulk of languages
>
> C++, Bash, C#, Haskell, Lisp, TeX  etc. consider that one-line comment
> can begin in any place of a line excepting strings (a text between ").
>
> I guess major portion of PL/SQL programmers have first language Basic,
> Pascal or C.
>
> My resume is this feature tends to errors.
> But I don't see any causes that PS/Sql's syntaxes must differentiate
> from the mainstream languages.
>
> Daneel Yaitskov

Frankly, your comments have more errors than your PL example.

You may use any language you desire, in any manner you desire. But if you don't follow the basic rules of the language you are using, your desire will remain unrequited. If you post to usenet your misunderstanding of the rules in an arrogant manner, you are lucky you don't get flamed. I think you are lucky here because your ignorance is so obvious people just think you are still inexperienced enough to excuse you.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Local news as I'm typing this is saying "...never seen this before..."