Re: confused In doing ORACLE DBA OR SQL SERVER DBA

From: joel garry <>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:37:52 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 17, 1:49 pm, Rohit <> wrote:
> yes i will do the certification for the Oracle DBA but can you help me
> out with some refrence books

Please don't top post in this group (that means, put your response below what you are responding to).

For learning Oracle, the best way is to start with the concepts manual at then move on to Tom Kyte's books. Trying things out on your own installation all the while.

For studying for the exams, there are several books available, I won't comment on them except to say my experience may be out of date, but I found using two books and their associated legitimate online practice exams is a lot better than just one, since they all have idiosyncratic limitations. Also note the 2-day series of books available free online from Oracle.

Having exams/certification without experience is pretty useless in the real world. The exams are also much easier with experience. Also see

-- is bogus.