Re: confused In doing ORACLE DBA OR SQL SERVER DBA

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:37:52 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 17, 1:49 pm, Rohit <rohit.misri0..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> yes i will do the certification for the Oracle DBA but can you help me
> out with some refrence books

Please don't top post in this group (that means, put your response below what you are responding to).

See http://blogs.oracle.com/certification/2009/05/the_route_you_choose.html

For learning Oracle, the best way is to start with the concepts manual at http://tahiti.oracle.com then move on to Tom Kyte's books. Trying things out on your own installation all the while.

For studying for the exams, there are several books available, I won't comment on them except to say my experience may be out of date, but I found using two books and their associated legitimate online practice exams is a lot better than just one, since they all have idiosyncratic limitations. Also note the 2-day series of books available free online from Oracle.

Having exams/certification without experience is pretty useless in the real world. The exams are also much easier with experience. Also see http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=459&start=0

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.itworld.com/tech-amp-society/89611/not-enough-women-computing