Re: ADMIN_RESTRICTIONS default value for ORACLE listener.

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:12:02 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 17, 7:50 am, Vijay Soni <vijay.k.s..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a query about the parameter ADMIN_RESTRICTIONS, what is the
> value of the parameter if not set explicitly.
> And apart from listener.ora where can we see that value??

This does seem to be a bit sparse in the documentation department, not helped by gateway timeouts in tahiti. But anyways, searching metalink for the term brings up Note: 403537.1, Best Practices for Securing Oracle E-Business Suite, which claims that "when ADMIN_RESTRICTIONS is ON, all the set commands in lsnrctl are disabled and the only way to change the configuration is to edit the listener.ora file." So I would guess the default is off, since normally I can use set commands.

The listener is a separate process, so I would guess there is no other place to see it. Maybe some OS utilities could dig into the process... Even Pete asks:
http://www.petefinnigan.com/forum/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=ora_sec;action=display;num=1135270939

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.