Re: confused In doing ORACLE DBA OR SQL SERVER DBA

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:36:35 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 16, 1:59 pm, Rohit <rohit.misri0..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All ,
>
> i am going to start a Course for Oracle Dba
>
> But i am lil bit confused In doing ORACLE DBA OR SQL SERVER DBA
>
> any of you  please help me out with this confusion shall i start
> Oracle or Sql as far as market recommendations are required
>
> Please do the need full..

David and Mladen both have good points: why sign-up for the course if you are unsure what you want to do? In the US most employers will not hire an entry level DBA unless the individual is an experienced programmer for the database in question or is an experienced DBA for a different database product.

What market are you looking at?

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Dec 16 2009 - 15:36:35 CST

Original text of this message