Re: update multiple rows continue past exceptions

From: Thomas Kellerer <>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:56:51 +0100

Kenneth Koenraadt wrote on 13.12.2009 21:14:
> That's interesting : The online doc clearly states that UPDATE works
> just as INSERT's regarding error logging..however, I have this simple
> test case, which works with INSERT's, but not UPDATE's. The OP wanted
> just that, so it may not work for him. Any thoughts ?

That's in fact documented:

"The following conditions cause the statement to fail and roll back without invoking the error logging capability:" [...]
- Any update operation UPDATE or MERGE that raises a unique constraint or index violation).

I didn't see that either the first time...

Thomas Received on Sun Dec 13 2009 - 14:56:51 CST

Original text of this message