Error while rebuilding a text index

From: zigzagdna <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 20:23:18 -0800 (PST)

I am using Oracle 10.2.0.3 on HP UNIX 11i. I am rebuilding a text index (textidx1) online
using:
Alter index rebuild textidx1;
If I do a query so index is used, I get: ORA-29861: domain index is marked LOADING/FAILED/UNUSABLE Error goes away after index is completely rebuilt. Since I am rebuilding index online, this error should not occur, otherwise what
Is the purpose of on line index rebuild? Can someone explain how to get rid
o the error. I cannot stop my application while rebuilding text indexes. Received on Wed Dec 09 2009 - 22:23:18 CST

Original text of this message