Re: multi-column indexes, statistics and selectivity

From: joel garry <>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 09:29:58 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 4, 9:09 am, bugbear <> wrote:
> bugbear wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me (or point me at information) about
> > how statistics are generated/used for multi-column indexes?
> Apologies: I should have said "in 10g".
> I've also found a reference to a new feature in 11g;
> "Multi-column histograms"
> If this is new in 11g it has "unfortunate" implications
> for our running on 10g...
>    BugBear

Check this out:

-- is bogus.
"...Network hardware includes Dell servers, Dell workstations, IBM
RS6000 and P570 RISK based systems, Cisco routers, and HP ProCurve
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
or a related degree with 4-6 years programming experience with HTML/
CGI/Java, ASP.Net and an understanding of internet working and
knowledge of applications available on the WEB, Business Objects XIR2,
Crystal Reports XIR2, VB6 Programming Language, Visual Basic and
Studio, in an Oracle/AIX/2003 environment, or..." - metrolink job ad.