Re: SYS login possible in sqlplus, but not in Enterprise Manager

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 05:26:30 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 2, 6:10 am, "Dave Yoda" <da..._at_pleasdontpm.me> wrote:

snip

> Another last hint for the wicked:
>
> I just found out, that the password-file on the restored machine MUST be
> named exactly like the one from the original host.
>
> Now - who's the man, eh?
>
> Dave

Ummm ... well ... what would have made you think that the password file could be named differently exactly?

When you connect in via sqlplus command line as sysdba then of course the password file is not used ... but you probably knew that already. Received on Wed Dec 02 2009 - 07:26:30 CST

Original text of this message