Re: Oracle Keep Pool

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:41:55 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 30, 7:33am, The Magnet <a..._at_unsu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When you issue and ALTER TABLE command and put a table into the KEEP
> pool, how can you get a list of table that have been put into the keep
> pool? Is there come X$ view? I cannot find a v$ view.

To find a list of candidates of objects with the information you are seeking, try this:
select table_name from dba_tab_columns where column_name = 'BUFFER_POOL';

> Also, will these tables automatically reload into the KEEP pool on
> restart, or do I need a startup trigger? I would think on startup it
> would be automatic, but I am not sure.

It's part of the storage clause of an object alteration. Try it and see!

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Be on your way and vomit freely - Grant Barrett