Re: Oracle Keep Pool

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:37:58 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 30, 10:33 am, The Magnet <a..._at_unsu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When you issue and ALTER TABLE command and put a table into the KEEP
> pool, how can you get a list of table that have been put into the keep
> pool?  Is there come X$ view?  I cannot find a v$ view.

Check the BUFFER_POOL column of DBA_TABLES/USER_TABLES/ALL_TABLES. That column also exists in DBA_INDEXES.

> Also, will these tables automatically reload into the KEEP pool on
> restart, or do I need a startup trigger?  I would think on startup it
> would be automatic, but I am not sure.

As the object blocks *are accessed*, the object's blocks will be loaded into the KEEP pool (but only those which are accessed).

Charles Hooper
Co-author of "Expert Oracle Practices: Oracle Database Administration from the Oak Table"
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Mon Nov 30 2009 - 11:37:58 CST

Original text of this message