Re: Oracle 10gR1 Memory Problem - Please help

From: Mladen Gogala <>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 23:00:25 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 23:09:01 -0800, raja wrote:

> We have found the below errors in Server alert log file : ORA-00600:
> internal error code, arguments: [17066], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
> ORA-00603: ORACLE server session terminated by fatal error ORA-04030:
> out of process memory when trying to allocate 16360 bytes
> (callheap,kcbtmal allocation)
> Also, found lot block recovery has happened from today morning.
> Could any one please tell me, how to track (or) find out the root cause
> for this problem ?
> Any steps or method, Please tell in detail ?

No problem. Here is the detailed answer: 42

For even more details, please specify the platform, platform version, configuration parameters, with special emphasis on the virtual memory configuration and process limits. Also, there is a little known search engine on the web called "Google" which can yield remarkable results with very little effort:

You probably have Google configured right into your browser. There is also an Oracle support site on, also known as "metastink", especially after the recent migration to flash. Metastink can be a real help when you're looking for answers. Please, read the fine manual and invest a little of your own effort. If you need a forum which will cater to laziness and which is very friendly toward rude people who think that the others have nothing better to do but to convey their knowledge for free and on request, I can wholeheartedly recommend oracle-l, a mailing list hosted on The moderator of that list has made the protection of the lazy noobs into his sole purpose in life.