Oracle 10gR1 Memory Problem - Please help

From: raja <>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 23:09:01 -0800 (PST)

One of the Oracle 10gR1 Production Server faced few memory problems.

Few details that i got regarding this problem are as follows : It seems like the server process private memory seems to have exhausted.
The server seems to be running low on memory and is paging a lot. UNIX system shows that oracle process is taking 100%, nothing is running in databases but everything is aborted, but still it is showing the same utilization.
We have found the below errors in Server alert log file : ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [17066], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
ORA-00603: ORACLE server session terminated by fatal error ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate 16360 bytes (callheap,kcbtmal allocation)
Also, found lot block recovery has happened from today morning.

Could any one please tell me, how to track (or) find out the root cause for this problem ?
Any steps or method, Please tell in detail ?

Thanks in Advance.

With Regards,
Raja. Received on Sun Nov 29 2009 - 01:09:01 CST

Original text of this message