SYS login possible in sqlplus, but not in Enterprise Manager

From: Dave Yoda <david_at_pleasdontpm.me>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:59:41 +0100

Hi everybody!

After restoring a RMAN backup to another machine (database and applikation running fine with no probs) I'm experiencing the following problem:

I can logon using sqlplus and login SYS or SYSTEM. Not problems here, but I can't login (using the same credentials) via Enterprise Manager (neither on the same machine nor remote).
I can login to sqlplus (SYS as sysdba), create a new user with dba-rights and use this new user to login via em, but SYS and SYSTEM do not work.

One hint: EM has not been installed by default, but I had to install it (by using emca and using the same credentials here) after I restored the database. Might the problem result from this? What and where can I check what's going wrog here?

Cheers,

Dave. Received on Fri Nov 27 2009 - 04:59:41 CST

Original text of this message