Re: Hash cluster, parameter SIZE

From: abracadabuda <>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 00:43:25 -0800 (PST)

> 32k is largest block size that oracle supports ...

Thanks, i got it now.
I misreaded this:
If SIZE is larger than the data block size, then the database uses the operating system block size, reserving at least one data block for each cluster or hash value.

I haven't mentioned, that the size of my cluster was +/- 2000003 * 8KB. My os_block_size is set to 1K, db_block_size is set to 8K. Therefore the largest real accepted SIZE was 8KB.

But anyway, can you recommend me any other solution, how to store such amount of data of one customer close one to the other? Partitioning is not a good idea...

Thanks a lot.

abracadabuda Received on Fri Nov 27 2009 - 02:43:25 CST

Original text of this message