Re: stored outlines set?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 06:35:33 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 17, 2:45 pm, Mladen Gogala <n..._at_email.here.invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:33:55 -0800, sbrjd wrote:
> > How can I determine if "alter system set use_stored_outlines.." has been
> > issued?
>
> > Steven Rosenthal
> > databases etc
> > Columbia University IT
>
> I don't think you can. The most comprehensive set of the parameters
> resides in X$KSPPI and there is nothing there:
>
>  SQL> select ksppinm from x$ksppi where ksppinm like '%outl%';
>
> KSPPINM
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----
> create_stored_outlines
> _plan_outline_data
> _outline_bitmap_tree
>
> Elapsed: 00:00:00.16
> SQL>
>
> Maybe, it can be read if you dump SGA but I don't know how to read Oracle
> dumps.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

Did you check the value of create_stored_outlines when you set this session parameter? I ask because I wondered why you could not find the parameter value in v$parameter / v$spparameter which I tested. Then I found Oracle note: Session Parameter: USE_STORED_OUTLINES #ID 68642.1 which says the session parameter is not a database parameter. However, the parameter turns on and off generating outlines and create seems like it might be a fit.

I just do not have a system I think I can risk testing on right now.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Nov 18 2009 - 08:35:33 CST

Original text of this message