Re: Storage Claus on Partitioned Global Index

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:52:32 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 18, 7:17 am, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> This is interesting, because I thought *new* partitions without a
> default tablespace would go into USERS, but that doesn't appear to be
> the case (in 10.2.0.4 at least)...

Steve:
you created the partitions for the global index WITH a tablespace name. Therefore, there is no such thing as a "default tablespace" in your statement. See below as noted:

> SQL> create index i1117 on t1117(c)
>   2    tablespace users
>   3    global partition by range(c)
>   4      (partition p1 values less than (2) >>>>tablespace tools<<<<,
>   5       partition p2 values less than (3) >>>>tablespace tools<<<<,
>   6       partition p_max values less than (maxvalue) >>>>tablespace
> tools<<<<)
>   7  /

If you put a "tablespace <name>" clause in each of the index partitions, then you get each partition in that tablespace, no matter what you put somewhere else.

If you want to create the global index partitions in users, then simply ommit the tablespace specification from each partition. Received on Tue Nov 17 2009 - 18:52:32 CST

Original text of this message