Minimum privileges for users
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:12:36 +0100
We have just installed Oracle Database 11g Release 18.104.22.168.0 in a Windows Server 2003 box. We'll be using it to develop PHP applications with Oracle backend so:
- We haven't purchased a license
- There is no DBA in the house
With only 10g XE edition background, I'm pretty lost with user administration. (I'm using the built-in web console.) I just need to create users that have full access to their own schemas and no access to system or other user's stuff. I'm currently assigning the "CONNECT" and "RESOURCE" roles and all the system privileges but I suppose that's way too much.
What permissions would be appropriate?
I understand it's all explained in the extensive documentation but it's just a disposable dev box and I am not a DBA :_(
- http://alvaro.es - Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
- Mi sitio sobre programación web: http://borrame.com
- Mi web de humor satinado: http://www.demogracia.com --