Re: Oracle db on os cluster

From: Matthias Hoys <anti_at_spam.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 15:31:49 +0100

"oracle_user" <oracle.usr_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:34d3b753-e83e-4aa3-9b59-1c9721242dd8_at_b25g2000prb.googlegroups.com...

>i am installing oracle database on active passive cluster. When active

> node fails in this cluster ,passive node is bought up. Virtual ip gets
> switched but not the hostname. Will my database work in this
> environment. I am concerned about virual hostname not getting
> swithched to the active node.

What technology are you using? This should work fine, I used to work with AIX HACMP clusters, but you will have downtime during the failover, in my case this was between 5 and 10 minutes, so your business must allow this. Make sure to use the virtual hostnames in your oracle net configuration, and also make sure that applications who connect to your cluster use a hostname which is resolved to a virtual IP...

Matthias Received on Sat Nov 14 2009 - 08:31:49 CST

Original text of this message