Re: metalink still unuseable the 2nd day ...

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:21:16 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 13, 8:17 am, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 9:59 am, Mark D Powell <Mark.Powe..._at_hp.com> wrote:
>
> snip
>

> > Update.  My access has been fixed.  From the phone conversation with
> > the analyst she has a lot of similar SR's already on her list and it
> > is going to take a while to work through them.  That is my opinion and
> > not anything she said.
>
> > As my issue was tied to my CSI having an obsolete email address rather
> > than my current one I think in my case the real problem was that the
> > old system did not properly propogate email address changes and with
> > the upgrade this issue (along with some others) bit Oracle in the
> > butt.  I would hope
>
> > If you cannot access the new system and you have not entered an SR via
> > the phone I suggest you do so rather than wait for Oracle to just fix
> > whatever issue is blocking your access.  Again it is just my opinion
> > based on my initial SR entry and folllow=up that the majority of fixes
> > are manual, at least at this point.
>
> I was also able to login this morning.
>
> A couple of times this week I was able to get in "briefly" but not
> consistently or even very often.  My guess would be that it is a
> convenient explanation for oracle to say that they are "fixing things"
> on an account by account basis.
>
> I think it is very charitable to believe that the underlying problems
> are actually really fixed now.
>
> A shot in the dark guess is that stability problems will remain for
> some period of time.

I was able to login and finally change my password, but then afterward, I can't seem to do anything. I tried reloading, and got back to the change password screen, but stuck there, can't cancel or reload - though it is accepting input. How hard can this web page stuff be?

Closed tab, opened a new one, went to metalink, was logged in already. I know they have a timeout, but not having the ability to logout on a screen seems, I dunno, unfriendly and insecure somehow.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
If at first you do succeed, don't screw it up.