Re: metalink still unuseable the 2nd day ...

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:48:12 +0100

On 12.11.2009 22:20, Shakespeare wrote:
> Robert Klemme schreef:

>>> That happens when a company manages to obtain a near-monopoly status
>>> in the market. RH killed off SuSE and Mandrake as viable competitors
>>> and they're the only ones with the adequate solutions. No
>>> competition means that there is no reason for improving the quality
>>> of service.
>>
>> They did not even not improve service but they worsened it. I have no
>> idea what the idea was behind this but to me it looks like "we need a
>> new support portal because the old one looks old fashioned - let's
>> just also throw in the latest web UI technology we have in store so we
>> can show off how cute that is." Well...
>
> Latest? Flash?

No, that statement referred to the RH site. They don't use Flash (yet) but rather DHTML (or how a ton of JavaScript thrown into a HTML page is called today). And I am guessing that there is some server side framework behind the scenes which handles all this.

Cheers

        robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/