Re: I can't get logged into the new improved metalink...

From: justalowlydba <mistyrunfarm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:50:25 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 10, 1:49 pm, bdbafh <bdb..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 10, 12:33 pm, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ...from three different browsers on two separate OS'....but the flash
> > error message that comes flying in from the top right corner of the
> > screen, getting bigger every millisecond, makes it all worthwhile!  I
> > start giggling when I see it, like a child on Christmas morning.
>
> > "A server connection error occurred.  You cannot continue  Please try
> > again later."
>
> > I have been getting this since yesterday morning.  Yeah, this new
> > system is freakin' great :(
>
> The integration with SSO has been amazing as well.
> I had a separate OTN account from my Metalink account.
> The OTN account lacked any CSIs.
> Integration meant that the real account was disabled and the bogus
> account won.
> The real account administered multiple CSIs. Well, it used to.
> Its not like I'm attempting to push out critical patch updates, open
> service requests, check avail for MS Windows 7, etc.
>
> So the bogus account waits for the real account to grant it access,
> yet the real account can't login.
> Deadlock detected. Rolllback.
> There is no rollback.
> There is no undo.
>
> It will be interesting to see how large this FAIL gets.
> I'm guessing that it will be "epoch".
>
> -bdbafh

Wow. Have to say this is great. Have not logged into metalink in a while and just when I need it. Go figure.

I also had a separate OTN account that was not linked to and CSI numbers.

Is there a solution for this problem as I would like to get this resolved?

Any luck other than a just wait as see approach? Received on Thu Nov 12 2009 - 13:50:25 CST

Original text of this message