Re: metalink still unuseable the 2nd day ...

From: Robert Klemme <>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 18:02:52 +0100

On 12.11.2009 14:53, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:26:24 +0100, Robert Klemme wrote:
>> There seems to be a trend in the industry: Red Hat's current support
>> portal is also catastrophic.

> That happens when a company manages to obtain a near-monopoly status in
> the market. RH killed off SuSE and Mandrake as viable competitors and
> they're the only ones with the adequate solutions. No competition means
> that there is no reason for improving the quality of service.

They did not even not improve service but they worsened it. I have no idea what the idea was behind this but to me it looks like "we need a new support portal because the old one looks old fashioned - let's just also throw in the latest web UI technology we have in store so we can show off how cute that is." Well...