Re: metalink still unuseable the 2nd day ...

From: gs <gs_at_gs.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:47:44 GMT

Mark D Powell wrote:
> On Nov 11, 9:11 am, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> Still broken ... ( broken differently than yesterday ).
>>
>> Get message
>>
>> My Oracle Support Services Error
>>
>> A server connection error occurred.
>>
>> You cannot continue
>>
>> Please try again later.
>>
>> It looks like Noons nailed it on his blog post sad to say but true.

> Well, here it is Thursday and I am still unable to access my Oracle
> Support account. It seems my following instructions received via an
> email from Oracle is probably the heart of the problem. The email was
> supposed to take me to the administration page but instead it ended up
> submitting a request for access to my CSI administrator. I am the
> administrator. The CSI shows my old email address and not the newer
> one I have been using successfully till last Friday to access my
> account.
>
> I entered a SR on Tuesday and yesterday around noon Oracle called me
> at the office. Since I am out of the office and have a vacation
> message the analyst said I can call back on Monday. So I have called
> twice today. Each time I waited about 20 minutes then I could hear
> ringing like I was being transfered to an analyst then I was cut off.
> The fun continues.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

I finally got in today, but I had to download and install Chrome to do it (read that Chrome works on my earlier thread)

I have been weeks now with an SR on why my dbconsole/Rman backups are hanging, the problem isn't "urgent" since I just went back to my old reliable user managed backups.

It's bad enough to have to spend hours & days on end to try and resolve a simple problem like daily backups, now its compounded by having to spend hours fiddling with browsers just trying to get into the interface that addresses the original problem you are trying to solve.. Received on Thu Nov 12 2009 - 10:47:44 CST

Original text of this message